Sunday, November 2, 2008

Start of a new day

With the combining of the sewing groups I thought I should dig up my blog so I can join in a bit more. It has been a while since I have posted in this blog, almost forgot about it.
I haven't done a lot of sewing lately. Dance costumes, mending. I did make a kaftan style wrap for a friend. We found some in the markets and she thought they would be great for throwing over bathers on her holiday, they were $50. They left today. I said with the fabric I have at home I could make one for a few $. Drafted up a pattern and it is now on it's way to Bali. I'll see if she gets any pics with it on.
In exchange she gave me her sewing stash. She hasn't sewn for years, but held on to everything. A lot of retro patterns and girl/boy clothes. Their is evenan old Vogue pattern.
I have lots of sewing I want to get started on, but I need to finish a few WIP.
I would like to by xmas:
Make a skirt for me,
Make either a skirt or dress for each of my girls,
Turn 4 flat cot sheets into fitted,
Make a quilted play mat for DS and
make a few pairs of boxers for DH.
Hope that is not too ambitious.

No comments: